Saturday, February 03, 2007

Hookah with a Nooma Nooma

I'm 26. Not old by any standard unless of course you are five.

Lately I've found myself feeling very old.

Most of my friends have lives very similar to mine. Married, kids... But then others don't.

It's these friends that I find myself envying often. The freedom to go wherever, whenever. Staying out till the wee hours of the morning is the norm... Not a luxury.

I sat with several them last night. Enjoying myself. But at the same time I felt like a similar time in my life was oh so many years ago. My ten year high school reunion is next year... I'll be thirty in three...

A song plays in the background... At the table eyes light up with recognition and the sing-along commences. A song I've never heard. No clue. Feeling like an alien when references are made and I'm lost. Is this what our parents think ?

Is this stuff I should know about? Am I just a big nerd and not cool enough to know this?

Am I ridiculous for wanting to be 21 again? Well, maybe 23.

...ummm. The inner thoughts of a stay-at-home mom who has spent a little too much time indoors...

1 comment:

feridun said...

I know exactly what you mean.

www.feridun.info