Sunday, May 16, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

Last week’s meal plan pretty much got tossed out the window because I was sick so I didn’t post it. I may in the future just because. I’ve found out a few things in the past few weeks:

• We love carbs and probably eat way too many and with no regard to gluten.

• I’m not good at planning out well balanced meals. I’m a main course kind of a gal but I’m trying to get better at it.

• We’ve gone almost completely meatless. Any meat we have we either already had in the freezer and needed to use it, or it is consumed while eating out (Chipotle). We did get some pasture raised/corn finished ground beef and tenderized round steak from my parents which we’re using for burgers tonight and maybe some philly cheese steaks next week. Good meat/poultry is just too expensive and we seem fairly content without it.

• Also, Chelsea only eats about 30% of what I make. She has to at least try everything but she’d be perfectly happy with a bagel and cream cheese for every meal. I tried asking her for suggestions when planning this week so maybe she’ll be more apt to eat it this go round.

So here it is:

Breakfasts:
Cereal
Cinnamon toast

Snacks:

Cannellini bean dip with pita chips
Celery with PB
Veggie chips
Fruit leather
Annie’s graham bunnies

Dinners:
Monday: Taco Salad (romaine, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, cheese, fritos – I know these are not good but it just doesn’t taste the same without them- and some Catalina dressing. If I can’t find any dressing that’s HFCS free I may attempt making my own or just use sour cream and salsa)

Tuesday: Pasta w/ pesto, garlic bread, fruit salad

Wednesday: Stir Fry veggies and brown rice

Thursday: Black bean & cheese quesadillas with chips & salsa

Friday: Out

Saturday: Breakfast – Grandma Johnson’s scones w/ dried cranberries
Lunch- Avocado & Chickpea Muffaletta
Dinner- Clean out fridge

Sunday: Lunch – Out
Dinner – Stuffed French Toast with fruit

1 comment:

Diann Dunn said...

Looks good! Thanks for the motivation!