Friday, April 23, 2010

Meal Planning for the Week (plus)

So we recently watched Food, Inc. and are changing the way we eat drastically. Not so much the actual meals, just a better quality of ingredients - mostly organic, local when possible, and more meatless meals. I 'm hoping if I post meals plans two things will happen. 1. I'll stick to it and 2. I'll encourage others to change their eating habits by seeing that it's very doable and tasty! :) I've gotten a ton of inspiration from my friend Stephanie and I'll use her meal plan format here. Thanks Steph!

For Breakfast we’ll have:

Cereal

Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits

Pumpkin Muffins


Snacks:

Apples

Annie’s Bunnies (Asst)

Sun Chips

Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits

Chips and homemade Salsa


Friday – Out (Spiral Diner)


Saturday – Lunch: Clean out the pantry & fridge :)

Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken with Fried Vegetable Brown Rice


Sunday – Lunch: Out (Chipotle)

Dinner: Greek Salad (romaine, feta, cucumbers, tomatoes, homemade dressing)


Monday – Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas w/Spanish rice


Tuesday – Thai Tuna Wraps w/ Fruit


Wednesday – Bulgar Wheat Burritos W/ Chips & Guacamole


Thursday – Fish w/ Lemon Dill sauce and Rice Pilaf


Friday – Out


Saturday – Lunch: Leftovers

Dinner: Homemade Pizza w/ Goat Cheese and Fresh Basil


Sunday – Lunch: Out

Dinner: Pancakes w/ Fresh Fruit



3 comments:

Tori said...

LOVE this. I watched Food, Inc this week (thanks to you mentioning it on facebook), and have been researching ways to change our eating habits every day since. We are planning to go tomorrow to the Cowtown Farmer's Market off the traffic circle and check into their goodies. I'm excited about it!

Lori said...

Tori - I've heard good things about that one. Just be sure to get there early, I hear they sell out quickly!

Diann Dunn said...

Good job, Lori! Thanks for the encouragement! I am hoping this old dog can learn some new tricks!