Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Randomness

I decided not to meal plan this week. I'm pretty sure this will come back to bite me but we've got several things floating around here so I just plan on using what I've got on hand and just adding a few things as needed. Each week I plan and get groceries accordingly and inevitably we go out an extra time or have a meal with my parents so I always end up with ingredients that go unused. Until this week :) . Plus, my sweet Silas is feeling a little puny and wants to be held ALOT. So I'm taking a pass.


In other news, Several times we have canceled our cable t.v. for various reasons. Then we get it again because it makes the Internet cheaper, or we're living in the middle of nowhere so we'd never get any channels without it, etc. Really we could live without it. They recently released Netflix instant watch for the Wii so 95% of the time if we watch something it's on there. But with the Rangers recent acquisition of one Cliff Lee my precious husband feels it justifies getting cable again so he can watch the games...... Boys. :) Now, I get the character building experience of increasing my self-control by not spending all day watching the Food Network :).


I've been researching cloth diapers. I'm thinking it's a wise choice especially since we hope to have more kids. It's not cheap to get started but I entered a giveaway for a starter pack...{{{fingers crossed}}}. Graham's not sold on the idea yet but I'm sure once he sees how much we'll save in the long run he will be on board.





Stumbled across a blog of 'How to' make your own green cleaning supplies. I need to start doing this again. And super cute blog chalked full of household How To's. Fantastic. I'm totally wanting to make those ottomans! So cute and easy!





I've been going through and reading old posts on Life in a Shoe. The blog is written by some old family friends of Graham's and I'm quickly becoming enamored with this precious family. It's so encouraging to me, especially where we are right now. I'm getting FANTASTIC idea's of really just how to function as a large family.... Always worth the read.


And lastly, Vision Forum announced the release of audio recordings of this past weekend's Baby Conference. I have no clue how much they will cost (TBA tomorrow, I think) but I'm sure they will be worth every penny! I can't wait to order some.

No comments: