Monday, August 15, 2011

Shopping Trip: Walgreens


(Has anyone else noticed that the Washington Senators "W" looks just like the Walgreens logo? No? Just me? I've been watching too much Baseball.)

I used to NEVER shop at Walgreens. It seemed a little overpriced and I was always in Walmart anyway so there was really no need except for the emergency purchase here or there... Wet wipes before hopping the plane to Chicago, children's cough meds, the occasional prescription... etc. Once I started couponing though I realized that they can have some pretty good sales and when you pair it with coupons and register rewards you can really get some awesome, and sometimes free, deals. I've learned that I need to go on Sundays to make sure my deals are in stock as they seem to go really fast. There is also a super nice woman named Nancy that works on most Sundays at my store and she never minds me using ALL my coupons and she'll even go way out of her way to help me find certain items and more coupons. Plus, the Hubby is home on Sundays and I can leave the kids, although this week I was required to take Izzie, hence the unplanned highlighter purchase..... Anywhoo, I was so excited about my trip this week I decided to share.

What I bought:

(2)Expo Dry Erase Washable Markers, 6 pk $3.99
Used $2.00/2 – Expo Markers – (bricks.coupons.com)
And Used $3.00/1 Expo Washable Dry Erase Markers, 6 pk (takes off $6.00) (in Walgreens August coupon booklet)
Final Price: Free

(3)Trident Gum, 18 piece $0.79 (originally $1.29)
With in ad coupon, Limit 6
Use $2.00/3 Trident Gum, any single packs from SS 7/24
Final Price: $0.12 each

(1)Skintimate Shave Cream, 6 oz $1.99 (originally $3.99)
With in ad coupon, Limit 4
Used $1.50/1 – Skintimate Cream Shave – (smartsource.com)
Final Price: $0.49 (Realized after the fact I forgot to show her the in-ad Q for this so I paid $2.49 :( )

(1) Revlon Nail Enamel $3.99
Buy 1, Receive $3.00 Register Reward, Limit 1
Used $2.00/1 Walgreens Coupon Revlon Cosmetics, Any (coupon pictures nail) from SS 7/24
Pay $1.99, Receive $3.00 Register Reward
Final Price: $1.01 Moneymaker

(1)Penway Crayons, 24 pk $0.29 (originally .79)
With in ad coupon, Limit 3
Final Price: $0.29

(1)mini highlighter - clearance item $.09


Total based on original prices $20.71
Total based on sale prices before Q's $16.71
Total after all sales & coupons $ 5.23
Used $5 in RR* from previous trips
Total Out of Pocket cost $ 0.23!
AND received $3 in RR for next time! MADE $2.77!!

I am SO bummed that I didn't realize the Skintimate sale was an in-ad coupon. I just thought it was on sale. I could have saved one of my Register Rewards. Oh well. I still made out just fine. I try to check out the Walgreens ad on Saturday evening and plan my Sunday trip ahead of time. I go with a list that lays out the sales I want to get as well as the coupons I need to use. Obviously I was a little distracted this week thanks to little red, but usually this plan helps me stay on track and not miss any of the deals I want.

* RR - Register rewards: A store credit you receive when certain purchases are made.

No comments: