Monday, June 25, 2007

Once More, with feeling

This weekend I did something I've never done before.

I went to a sing-along.

A Buffy sing-along.

I had a lot of fun. It was kind of goofy and a little uncomfortable, mostly because it was a new experience, not because of the event itself.

There were props.

Bubbles,

lighters,

poppers,

Vampire teeth,

and oh yes,

underwear.

:)

There were no 'cool kids' sitting in the back making fun of you for being silly. In fact, sillyness was expected, if not demanded.

It was really neat how everyone was into it. At one point the host asked if the initially requested heckling of a character could be toned down and people actually did it. WOW!

Besides the event itself I enjoyed my entire excursion. Austin was awesome, as always. And I had some fabulous food at Fado, an Irish pub.

Cracker, Coy, and Shley, Thanks for the 'FUN TIMES' !! Love you guys!

2 comments:

Tori said...

I'm not sure I could do that, but it does sound fun to be in such a fun, uninhibited environment... I linked to your blog in mine, FYI. Hope that's ok. It reminds me to come here and check in on ya.

ruminations of a redhead said...

You need to come to Pete's with us sometime. It's exactly that uninhibited thing....where the "cool kids" who make fun of you are WAAAAAY too toasted and sitting in the front row, so YOU can make fun of THEM.

Glad ya'll had fun!