Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What's a blog for?

Sorry about the last post. I was having a bad couple of days.

Anyway, I'm currently on a quest to find out the purpose of a blog. I've been reading quite a few and I've come up with several ideas... I'd love feedback.

A blog is...

* A place to gab about your daily events, kind of like a diary. If that's what I do it would look something like this... Woke up, got breakfast for the girls, watched cartoons with the girls, ate lunch, took a nap, fixed dinner, watched t.v., went to bed. Every day. No one wants to read that. Oh yeah, throw in an occasional trip to the grocery store and a shower.

* A safe haven to rant about roommates and co-workers. I've come across quite a few of these. They are pretty interesting to read, even more so when you know the people that they're talking about. My problem, my roommates are my hubby and kiddos, and I have no co-workers....um, what else...

* A cyber space gallery for art. Whether it be poems, artwork, or photography I can always find lots of these. Where again, I don't do any of these. I'm horrible at poetry, I'm not an artist and although I would like to try my hand at photography my current digital camera sucks and is M.I.A. so... strike three...

* Finally, a place to impart words of wisdom and share life changing experiences... I don't have words of wisdom except to say "Don't do what I did." Do people really want to hear that? I could talk about things I've done, relationships gone awry... would you read it? Would you care?

What's a blog for anyway?

2 comments:

PostHaste said...

I never really could find a good use for my blog either. I've tried writing for some potential audience of whom I don't even know exists, but ultimately I post random funny crap in a random untimely fashion. Unless I get special requests for my thoughts on some subject. But I like your blog. And I guess I'm just trying to say it's ok to not know what the deuce it's all about as long as you like doing it. :)

Peg said...

Well...all of the above, would be my answer.

LOL

Some days, it's my sounding board where I can bitch...other days, it's a place to sort of put something 'out there'.

I don't really know what a blog is for--I'm pretty new to the blogosphere, myself.

Um...when you find out, do me a favor? Let me know, too!
;-)
~Peggy~