Wednesday, November 09, 2011

E2 - 28 Day Challenge - Day 3

On The Menu:
Breakfast: Simple Cereal
Lunch: Open Face sandwich w/ Hummus
Dinner: Stir Fry w/ Brown Rice

What We Actually Ate:
Breakfast: Simple Cereal
Lunch: Veggie Sandwiches - we were out of hummus so we just piled veggies on WW sandwich bread. Kenzie & I sprinkled some raspberry vinegar on ours. Very tasty.
Dinner: Stir Fry veggies and Brown Rice

My Thoughts: Today we actually stuck to the menu better than we had. I don't really have a lot to share except I'm beginning a love/hate relationship with my coffee. I LOVE my morning cup(s) o' joe and since little Rhys arrived I've also been indulging in another cup in the evening. I like something sweet (honey, agave, sugar, doesn't matter) and something 'creamy' in my coffee. A lot of times I'll heat up the milk and froth it to make a latte. I attempted this with the almond milk and it just seemed to intensify the almond taste with I didn't really enjoy in my coffee. I checked out -in passing- the 'non-dairy' creamers at Target. Every single one, liquid & powder, contained sodium caseinate, which is a milk derivative, one of the main things I'm trying to avoid. How in the world can it be called non-dairy when it contains something that comes from milk ?!?!? So I'm now on a hunt for something for my coffee. I skipped my evening cup last night and woke up in the middle of the night with a headache. I may try coconut milk. I might like the taste of that better.

Several people have been asking a myriad of questions. I'm putting together a post answering all of them. If you have a question please feel free to ask. I'd love to include them.

No comments: