Sunday, November 20, 2011

E2 - 28 Day Challenge Days 13 & 14

I decided to combine 2 days into one post.I figured you wouldn't mind.

On the Menu - Day 13:
Breakfast: Mighty Muffins
Lunch: Leftover Burgers & Fries
Dinner: Fajitas w/ Brown Rice and guacamole

What We Actually Ate:
Breakfast: Cereal - I didn't have all of the ingredients to make the muffins but they sound good so I will this week
Lunch: The kids had Mac-n-cheese from Central Market. I ate some pita chips & hummus
Dinner: Jason's Deli

My Thoughts:
We had a play date with friends on Friday which was so much fun. We ran some errands afterwards and I needed to stop by Central market so I gave in and let the kids share a thing of their prepared Mac-n-cheese. At this point I just want the littles to eat something and this they willingly gobbled up. We did dinner at Jason's where the littles ate PB & J, the bigs had salad bar, Graham had some kind of pasta with grilled veggies and I had a veggalatta muffalatta - hold the mushrooms, tomatoes, & of course, the cheese. It was good except the bread was really dry and crispy. I drank lots of water with my meal.

On The Menu - Day 14:
Breakfast: Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes with Raspberries
Lunch: Big Leaf Wraps
Dinner: Split Pea Soup w/ Toasted Pitas

What We Actually Ate:
Breakfast: a Banana - the kids had muffins (We participated in the St. Jude's Give Thanks. Walk. which meant leaving the house at the crack o' dawn. They served fruit and muffins at the walk)
Lunch: Grilled Veggie Fajitas on Whole Wheat Tortillas with some guac
Dinner: Well... um... I cheated....

 

 Shameful, I know. I'd gotten very little sleep the night before and had a headache most of the day. Graham and the kids, all but Rhys, went to play with Uncle Josh and cousin Eli. So the baby and I crashed on the couch and slept for a few hours which meant a bigger headache and a groggy fog when we got up. Graham took us to the store so I could get a few ingredients for dinner. We'd made a plan to stop by Chicken Express afterwards for a Dublin Dr. Pepper to hopefully help alleviate my headache and drowsiness. As we walked out of the store the kids asked what we were having for dinner. Split pea soup. GROAN. 

"You want to get the kids some chicken?"
"Sure."
"So they get chicken & we have to eat soup?"
"..... we can have chicken too."

I was set-up. Entrapment I tell ya!

Um, yeah. We're not talking 'I had a little cheese on my pizza'. We're talking full on FRIED CHICKEN, mashed potatoes WITH cream gravy and dinner rolls. We did have green beans but I can pretty much GUARANTEE they were cooked with bacon. Oh, I know. This was not good... but it tasted so good. And I got my Dr. Pepper.

My sweet husband is helping us get back on track today. We're meeting his mom for lunch and he could have very easily picked a 'non-vegan' friendly place but he choose to go to Souper Salad. "We can't cheat today" he says. Thanks hunny. And they don't know it yet but we're gonna have that soup for dinner tonight ;)







No comments: