Monday, November 14, 2011

E2 - 28 Day Challenge - Day 7

On The Menu:
Breakfast: Simple Cereal Bowl
Lunch: Ann's panini
Dinner: Big Salad w/ brussel sprouts and new potatoes


What We Actually Ate:
Breakfast: Simple cereal
Lunch: Big Salad
Dinner: Lynn's Meatloaf - or as I like to call it "Eatloaf" with steamed broccoli

My Thoughts:
Our lunch was pretty much just my way of trying to use up the veggies in my fridge that were about to go south. Some romaine, cucumber, a little celery, some shredded carrot, & a little spinach. We topped it with the dressing from this salad which has become one of our absolute favorites & without the bacon & feta it would be vegan too. (But lets face it, those are pretty tasty. Who'd want to exclude them?) The dressing is a simple mixture of poppy seed dressing (I used Brianni's - it's vegan) & balsamic vinaigrette (I used Newman's Own), about 70/30. YUM! We all gobbled this up.

The 'Eatloaf was a pleasant surprise. You saute some onions, garlic, and celery up and added it to some firm tofu, oats, soy sauce, ketchup, dijon mustard, and some herbs. The recipe also calls for veggie crumbles (meatless patties that come crumbled up) but I just used a few of our leftover lentil and rice patties and it worked well. It had the consistency and flavor of Stovetop stuffing. Soft, bready, and the combo of herbs must have been similar. Everyone ate this, some with extra helpings. Chelsea helped me make it so she was more willing to try it. And she liked it just fine.

I am starting to feel like we are just eating the same veggies over and over, just in slightly different forms. It does get a little old but, like with our lunch, just simply adding a super yummy and familiar dressing, made it a little more palatable.

Weight Check: I am a little frustrated. My weight hasn't changed at all. Graham's maybe a pound. I have a five pound window that I seem to float in. Some days I'm at the higher end, some days the lower. I hope that incorporating more exercise this week will help push me past that hump.

Week One Recap: Graham has noticed since pretty much Day 1 that his digestive problems are no longer and issue which further confirms what we'd previously suspected that it is connected to dairy/lactose.

I am not seeing any major or obvious changes in the way I feel but I think we're gonna stick with it... for now...

No comments: